What is Teleworking?
Teleworking technology allows you, or your employees, to do everything that can be done in the office at a remote location. While teleworking, your customer can call your office phone and it will ring wherever you are. Your customer will not be able to tell whether you are in the office or in your living room.
Companies embrace teleworking because:
- It can reduce the cost of doing business.
- Companies can extend their hours of service or work in different time zones.
- It can improve employee productivity and retention (in a survey by Kensington Group, 75% of teleworkers polled felt they accomplished 30 percent more, in the same amount of time, working from home).
- Disruptions like traffic, bad weather, or sick children are eliminated.
- Companies can deal with tight labor markets by using staff based in different parts of the country or even the world.
- Companies have greater flexibility in relocating their operations without losing valued employees.