2020 Tech Trends – Cybersecurity Still #1.
10 ways to shore up your network security
Damaged data, frozen applications and blocked access. All of it grinds business activities to a halt and can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. In fact, in 2019, cyberattacks cost companies an average of $200,000 per incident. That’s why cybersecurity is an issue Matrix continues to place front-and-center in 2020.
Luckily, with a comprehensive plan to combat digital criminals, most companies can keep their data safe and their businesses running smoothly. Here are 10 cybersecurity recommendations we’re talking to clients about for the coming year:
- Increased IoT security
- Network Access Control (NAC) solutions for better network visibility
- End-to-end security mitigation/analysis/interoperation to identify and mitigate breaches no matter where they come from
- AI that monitors network activity for anomalies
- Advanced security information and event management (SIEM) products and services
- MFA (multi-factor authentication) for employees, clients and network guests
- Single sign-on products to help system administrators control access
- Identity-as-a-service (IDaaS) tools that can be scaled up or down
- Role-based security setups to compartmentalize data and keep it safe
- Collaborative security efforts between individuals and business partners